Re: [Synoptic-L] Goodacre on Fatigue

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2003
      In a message dated 11/18/2003 6:49:00 AM Pacific Standard Time, densull@... writes:

      Your conclusion about the translation problem here resonates with other sayings in the gospels and the Hebrew Scriptures (no time to dig them out just now) that may paraphrased as "Don't stop to shmooze with anyone on the way".  Your translation works for me!

      Thanks, Dennis, but as I said the other day, there is a good rebuttal to my translation. It's looking more and more like I'll have to offer it myself, much as I would like to see it come from someone else who knows Matt well.

      Leonard Maluf
      Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      Weston, MA