[Synoptic-L] Re: Freudian slip?

  • Richard H. Anderson
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2003
      --- In synoptic-l@yahoogroups.com, Emmanuel Fritsch
      <emmanuel.fritsch@i...> wrote:

      > Would it be possible to produce collectively (on that list or
      where
      > else ?) a detailed summary of arguments for and against markan
      > priority ? Such a summary should contain text examples, references
      > to main scholars, and considerations of methodology.
      >
      > Such an operation should in fact be leaded on all main synoptic
      > hypotheses, but it would be even more usefull for Markan priority,
      > since it is the root of all discussions about synoptics.

      It sounds like you would like me to write a book!

      I first read this book perhaps ten years ago and have glanced at it
      when I have a particular question. I think its value in that it is
      meticulous. However, the definition of meticulous includes "careful
      about trivial matter" which say lot about the debate on the synoptic
      problem and this book's view of the minor agreements. Stoldt thinks
      the minor agreements are significant and a problem for the Marcan
      Hypothesis while the true believers think the minor agreements are
      trivial. The full length book will have to wait another day. At
      quick goggle search reveals you can buy this book used for nine
      dollars in paperback plus shipping and handling.

      Richard H. Anderson

    • Karel Hanhart
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2003
        Dear Leonard,

        Since I responded to you first, I address these remarks to you; they are
        meant for all who have responded to Freudian slip thus far.

        1. As to Dutch scholars, yes, Maarten Menken is a Dutch Catholic scholar and
        so is Huub van de Sandt. I certainly recommend Huub's work on the Didache.
        Menken specializes in John.
        2. Concerning Fritsch's request. We could start with the summary on "The
        Synoptic Problem" by Daniel B. Wallace of Dallas Theological Seminary. It
        was reproduced in the Synoptic-L list on 9-11-98 21:35. He offered a good
        and relatively lengthy statement in favor of Markan priority. I wonder if
        the directors of this list could reproduce it again. The next step could be
        that opponents would make clear, point by point, where amd why Daniel
        went wrong. It might be helpful to identify scholars who support
        one theory or another.

        cordially yours, . .
        Karel Hanhart