[Synoptic-L] Zealot mock trials

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2003
      With apologies for cross posting.

      I've been able to find a reference in Josephus' _War_ to Zealots holding
      mock trials of those who opposed the war. It appears in 4.334-344.

      Two questions:

      Is there a parallel to this story in the Antiquities?

      And has anyone ever drawn any attention to the similarities between the
      story in Josephus' _War_ and Mark's story of Jesus' trial before the
      Sanhedrin (Mk. 14:53-65)?

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --