Re: Meier on Thomas & the Synoptics (was Re: [Synoptic-L] Special Mark?)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2003
      At 02:26 PM 10/10/03 +0100, Larry Swain wrote:
      >A quick note: Tertullian was bilingual, so I'm not sure his familiarity
      >with Irenaeus need necessitate that he knew it only in Latin.

      Point well taken, but Tertullian's dependence on a Latin translation
      of Irenaeus is based on a couple places where he seems to go counter to
      the sense of the Greek in favor of what is now in the Lation version.
      Scholarship tends to go-and-forth on this issue, so pendulum could
      have already started swinging to other side by now.