[Synoptic-L] archived message #3018 "Synopticists as Pentateuchists"

  • uneaq@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2003
      Mark Goodacre,
      On Aug. 26, 1999 Jon Peters asks this question. "Does
      anyone here know of a scholar who has argued that the synopticists got
      together like a scribal circle collaboratively and wrote as they did, in
      imitation of exodus and Deuteronomy ....?
      I saw no response to the question, but I would like an answer
      for myself about this, as I am of a like mind. Anyone? Paul
      Buckley

    • Tim Reynolds
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2003
        on 9/7/03 3:42 AM, uneaq@... at uneaq@... wrote:

        > Mark Goodacre,
        > On Aug. 26, 1999 Jon Peters asks this question. "Does
        > anyone here know of a scholar who has argued that the synopticists got
        > together like a scribal circle collaboratively and wrote as they did, in
        > imitation of exodus and Deuteronomy ....?
        > I saw no response to the question, but I would like an answer
        > for myself about this, as I am of a like mind. Anyone? Paul
        > Buckley

        I doubt that the evangelists would have considered Exodus and Deuteronomy
        collaborative texts. They didn't know about Higher Criticism. It was all
        Moses.

        Tim Reynolds
        LB CA USA