[Synoptic-L] Another NT Translation

  • Dennis Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003
      Shalom, Listers!

      Another NT translation has been published by Riverhead Books, New York, NY,
      2002.
      ISBN 1-57322-182-1

      "The New Covenant, Commonly Called The New Testament"
      "Volume I: The Four Gospels and Apocalypse"
      "Newly Translated From the Greek And Informed By Semitic Sources"
      by Willis Barnstone, former O'Conner Professor of Greek at Colgate
      University; Distinguished Professor of comparative literature, and a
      founding member of the Insititute of Biblical and Literary Studies at
      Indiana University.
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++

      I picked this book up from our local library, and have done a little reading
      in
      it. It shows more Hebraic influence than other translations that
      I've seen (other than David Stern's work).

      Has anyone on the Synoptic-L list looked it over?

      Comments?
      ++++++++++++++++

      BTW: Jack Poirier and R. Steven Notley have a discussion going on
      www.jerusalemperspective.com
      about Jesus and Elijah in Luke 4. Feel free to comment on the JP Forum...

      While things are quiet on the Synoptic-L list, you may wish to check out
      some of the discussions and articles on the JP site. Many are pertinent to
      Synoptic studies. Membership is not required in order to participate in the
      JP Forum or to read some of the articles.

      BTW2: Where is Len Maluf?

      Regards,

      Dennis Sullivan
      Dayton, Ohio