Re: [Synoptic-L] A statistical approach to the synoptic problem - website

  • Ron Price
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2003
      Dave Gentile wrote:

      > Hello all,
      > I've constructed a website to host my synoptic study and its results.
      > It can be found here:
      >
      > http://www.davegentile.com/synoptics/main

      Dave,

      Thanks for this.
      The following quotations are from your page on "interpretation".

      > ... the 3SH naturally explains all the results that could be seen as
      potentially problematic for the 2SH, and the FH.

      Dave's evidence constitutes independent confirmation of the Synoptic
      Theory for which I've been arguing on this List for the last four years.

      > However, one of the main arguments for the saying source being written
      > instead of oral is now gone. On the 2SH, it is argued that the order of
      > Q in Matthew and Q in Luke are correlated...

      I think there's a small positive correlation between the orders of the sQ
      sayings in Matthew and Luke, but it's not significant.
      However the 3SH introduces a very powerful argument for a written source
      not available in practice to the 2SH or the FH, namely the testimony of
      Papias to the existence of the document TA LOGIA.

      Ron Price

      Derbyshire, UK

      E-mail: ron.price@...