[Synoptic-L] A statistical approach to the synoptic problem - website

  • dgentil@sears.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2003
      Hello all,
      I've constructed a website to host my synoptic study and its results.
      It can be found here:

      http://www.davegentile.com/synoptics/main

      It's still really a work in progress, but its a start,
      and suggestions would be helpful in directing that work down productive
      paths.

      Thank you,

      Dave Gentile
      Riverside, IL
      M.S. Physics
      M.S. Finance

    • Ron Price
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2003
        Dave Gentile wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > I've constructed a website to host my synoptic study and its results.
        > It can be found here:
        >
        > http://www.davegentile.com/synoptics/main

        Dave,

        Thanks for this.
        The following quotations are from your page on "interpretation".

        > ... the 3SH naturally explains all the results that could be seen as
        potentially problematic for the 2SH, and the FH.

        Dave's evidence constitutes independent confirmation of the Synoptic
        Theory for which I've been arguing on this List for the last four years.

        > However, one of the main arguments for the saying source being written
        > instead of oral is now gone. On the 2SH, it is argued that the order of
        > Q in Matthew and Q in Luke are correlated...

        I think there's a small positive correlation between the orders of the sQ
        sayings in Matthew and Luke, but it's not significant.
        However the 3SH introduces a very powerful argument for a written source
        not available in practice to the 2SH or the FH, namely the testimony of
        Papias to the existence of the document TA LOGIA.

        Ron Price

        Derbyshire, UK

        E-mail: ron.price@...