Re: [Synoptic-L] Lost Q Document Found

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 1:13 PM
      Interesting, isn't it, that this particular thread has generated more
      discussion and comment than most serious ones. Titillation is always more
      fun than truth, even among academics.

      Best

      jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Jim West, ThD

      Biblical Studies Resources
      http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 3:49 PM
        "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:

        > Dear list,
        >
        > I came across the following news item. If true, this
        > is pretty exciting stuff!
        >
        > Stephen Carlson

        Yes, and I've seen a follow up in the World News that notes not only
        that a
        librarian in New Jersey has declared it inauthentic (after consulting
        the
        works of an Irish monk), while a relative of the director of _Three
        Women_
        has found evidence of five hands in its composition, and a Canadian
        biblical
        scholar specializing in obscure Medieval Diatessaronic witnesses and
        translations of OS MSS has claimed that it confirms that the Peepshow
        Gospel
        was the text from which the canonical Gospels arose.

        Yours,

        Jeffrey Gibson--

        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

        1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1