[Synoptic-L] Hebrew texts

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2003
      Related to our recent discussion on Hebrew and the
      origination of the Gospel texts is the news release
      today from Reuters, which reported 165 volumes of
      antique Hebrew texts discovered in Girona, Spain.
      http://tinyurl.com/7qmi

      I am unclear as to all of their identification, some
      are simply municipal documents. Only one Torah ms. has
      been mentioned.

      Back in April-May 2001 when discussing Papias here on
      this list some were shocked to hear that lost
      manuscripts could still be in archives and libraries
      and I continued to also say that many were used in
      bindings too. That is what they found in Girona many
      mss. others used in bindings. Many appear to be tax
      roll records from the Jewish quarters of Girona y
      Barcelona pre-1492 that date back to medieval times.

      best regards,
      John

      =====
      John N. Lupia, III