Re: [Synoptic-L] Osborne in Rethinking

    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 7, 2003
      In a message dated 2/7/03 10:25:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      poirier@... writes:

      << A prime example can
      be found in Richard Hays’s attempts to turn the Apostle Paul into a
      narrative theologian, based (*non sequitur* as it is) upon the fact that
      Paul’s theology is based upon a narrative structure. Hays at one place
      even suggests that Paul’s hermeneutic should be the starting point for
      understanding his theology. He could not be more wrong. >>

      A couple of days ago I read an article by Francis Watson (I think),
      concluding what I believe is a very new book on "narrative theology" in Paul,
      in which Watson takes substantive issue with the entire concept of an
      underlying narrative in Paul that is essential to the proper illumination of
      his writing. I thought the article was quite lucid and could almost have been
      written by John Poirier. Hays may have been one of the contributors to the
      volume.

      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 12, 2003
        In a message dated 3/11/2003 8:27:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, jlupia2@... writes:

        Oui, Larry, vous êtes certainement correct.

        Cela veut dire: vous avez certainement raison!