[Synoptic-L] Style of Mt and Q

  • Ron Price
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2003
      Has anyone attempted to identify any supposed stylistic differences
      between Mt and Q? Catchpole had some comments on the differences, but I
      don't think he dealt specifically with style. I would be much obliged
      for a reference and any comments on it.
      The reason why I ask is that I've just been scanning through some
      abstracts and have come across mention of an article by P.Sewell
      entitled "The Synoptic Problem: A stylometric contribution regarding Q"
      (Colloquium 33 (1,'01) 59-74).
      The abstract includes the following:
      "The results show clearly that the Q passages in Mt are not markedly
      different in style from the rest of Matthew's Gospel."
      If I remember correctly this is consistent with Dave Gentile's
      stylometric results which were last discussed on this List in Spring
      2002.

      Ron Price

      Weston-on-Trent, Derby, UK

      e-mail: ron.price@...