Re: [Synoptic-L] Youtie supports Goulder hypothesis

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2003
      Another early supporter of the Goulder hypothesis is Morton Scott Enslin, who predates even Farrer, if I am not mistaken, in rejecting the Q hypothesis, while exhibiting premature triumphalism in touting as a "conquest" of modern scholarship the theory of Markan priority.

    • Tim Reynolds
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2003
        on 1/4/03 9:45 AM, Maluflen@... at Maluflen@... wrote:

        > Another early supporter of the Goulder hypothesis is Morton Scott Enslin, who
        > predates even Farrer, if I am not mistaken, in rejecting the Q hypothesis,
        > while exhibiting premature triumphalism in touting as a "conquest" of modern
        > scholarship the theory of Markan priority.
        >
        > Leonard Maluf

        Surely Markan priority predates the Q idea. It's the default hypothesis.

        tim