[Synoptic-L] Annual SBL E-Listers' Meeting

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2002
      It's that time of year again when the annual Society of Biblical
      Literature meeting is just round the corner (Nov. 23rd-Nov. 26th) and I
      begin to arrange the now traditional (6th annual!) SBL meeting of NT
      e-listers (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and Corpus Paulinum, Kata Markon,
      Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, and Synoptic-L members) who will
      be going to Toronto for the conference.

      The meeting itself is planned for Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 11am, as always
      in the Exhibition Hall at -- and with the kind indulgence of the
      stalwart representatives of -- the Gramcord booth in the Exhibition
      (this year Booth 622). It is a great opportunity to place a face to an
      one hitherto known only as an electronic personality and/or to renew
      acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 5 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL. I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees
      is presenting a paper during the conference (and at what time and place
      and within what SBL group or section).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST (at jgibson000@...)
      and let me know

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis you are presenting a paper, AND

      (c) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Looking forward to seeing you in Toronto!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)