Re: [Synoptic-L] Morgenthaler on sequence

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6 8:16 AM
      I assume you mean:

      MORGENTHALER, R., Statistik des neutestamentlichen
      Wortschatzes, Z�rich/Frankfurt am Main, 1958, 41992;
      Statistische Synopse, Z�rich/Stuttgart, 1971

      I am not sure what you say is attribituable to him.

      There is a current ongoing project at K.U.Leuven which
      began in October 1999 and is planned to end September
      2003 conducted by Rita Corstjens, Dr. Jo�l Delobel,
      Dr. Adelbert Denaux, Laurens Geeraert, Dra. Inge Van
      Wiele. You might want to contact them.

      Rita Corstjens email:
      rita.corstjens@....

      Laurens Geeraert email: veldegem@yahoo

      Inge Van Wiele email:
      Inge.VanWiele@...

      Adelbert Denaux email:
      Adelbert.Denaux@...

      Best regards,
      John

      =====
      John N. Lupia, III
      501 North Avenue B-1
      Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208-1731 USA
      Phone: (908) 994-9720
      Email: jlupia2@...
      Editor, Roman Catholic News

    • John C. Poirier
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6 10:39 AM
        I've just written (for a current project) that "Morgenthaler was the first to recognize
        the importance of verbal sequence in calculating the amount of verbatim agreement
        between writings."

        Is that a true statement, or do I need to revise it? (I wrote it without having
        Morgenthaler's book in front of me, so it may be that he refers to someone else.)

        John C. Poirier
        Middletown, Ohio