Re: [Synoptic-L] Did overlaps affect Luke's decision to omit material?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2002
      On 27 Jul 2002 at 13:46, Ken Olson wrote:

      > [I think Mark Goodacre has argued somewhere that Lk. 11.27-28 shows
      > signs of a high level of Lukan creativity, but I can't locate the
      > reference at the moment.]

      Thanks for mentioning this, not least because it reminds me of the
      need to pull my finger out and get back to the article in question.
      It is an unpublished piece on Luke 11.27-28 and argues that it shows
      a high level of Lucan creativity, and that the close verbal parallel
      in Thomas 79 shows Thomasine dependence on Luke. I submitted it to a
      major journal who asked me to do extra bits and bobs and I've never
      got round to it -- and it's now two or three years later. Typical.

      Mark
      -----------------------------
      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 4381
      Birmingham B15 2TT UK

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      http://NTGateway.com

    • Randall Buth
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2002
        shalom
        >It is an unpublished piece on Luke 11.27-28 and argues that it shows
        >a high level of Lucan creativity,<

        Luke must like to use egeneto + en + infinitive + ... finite verb.
        (see Howard's observations in vol. 2 of Moulton)
        and idioms like 'lift up a voice'
        and parallelistic poetry.

        ERRWSO
        Randall Buth