Re: [Synoptic-L] Self-contradiction in the 4G?

  • Emmanuel Fritsch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
      > Ken Olson quotes :
      > (_The Four Gospels_, 1924, p. 183).
      > (_Four Gospels_, 212).

      and says :
      > Is Luke's non-Markan material inserted into contexts that have no special
      > appropriateness or does it form a complete Gospel so considerable as to seem
      > worthy not only of being compared with, but even of being preferred to, Mark,
      > especially in matters of order? Streeter appears to hold conflicting opinions
      > about the artistry of Luke's arrangement of the non-Markan blocks. It seems
      > that a very questionable value judgment (to coin a phrase) is involved here.

      Hello Ken,

      Either I do not understand your comment on Streeter,
      or I disagree with your interpretation of what he says.

      both quotes speaks about the order of material in Luke, but :

      In the first quote, the "inappropriate order" is the order of :
      - non markan material present in Matthew (202, or 201)
      - it is inappropriate in the Markan context
      - in comparison with the context of same details in Matthew.

      In the second quote, the appropriate order is the order of :
      - Sondergut Luke (i.e. 200)
      - appropriate in its own context
      (=Lukan sondergut present an internal coherence)

      a+
      manu