[Synoptic-L] JBL and Synoptic-L

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2002
      The most recent issue of the Journal of Biblical
      Literature, vol. 121, no. 2, Summer 2002, and it
      contains an article of interest to list members.
      (personally, I've been finding the synoptic
      gospel content of JBL to be fairly slim pickings
      of late).

      This article is a critical note by Michael Goulder
      entitled "The Derrenbacker-Kloppenborg Defense",
      which in footnote 13 actually cites articles posted
      to Synoptic-L.

      However, this footnote pointed out the pitfalls of
      citing a post to a mailing list (i.e. when the person
      cited modified his position), concluding "I think it
      is best to cite from published work, whether in print
      or on web pages or web sites, where the conclusions
      may be taken to be matured."