Synoptic-L Bibliography

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 1998
      In these early days of Synoptic-L, we ought perhaps to be thinking
      about how we might use the list to help one another in our
      research and publications. One thing that I would find valuable
      would be to hear of any new material that contributors would like to
      recommend, either by themselves or others. Perhaps ultimately we
      could get together an on-line Synoptic bibliography, one of the great
      values of which would be that it could be constantly updated -- a
      really useful research tool for the future.

      In relation to this, let me announce a new book -- I have just
      received my (review) copy of Kim Paffenroth's *The Story of Jesus
      According to L* (JSNTSup, 147; Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press,
      1997). Paffenroth's book is a version of his doctoral dissertation
      from the University of Notre Dame and investigates the existence of
      the 'L' source in Luke, first by looking at the history of the
      question (Chapter 1), then attempting to limit the material
      considered (Chapter 2), and then analysing the remaining material for
      vocabulary and style (Chapter 3), 'Formal Characteristics' (Chapter
      4) and 'Content' (Chapter 5). The book concludes with 'a
      presentation of L as I have reconstructed it'.

      For your interest,

      Mark
      Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...
      Homepage: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre.htm