Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: [XTalk] Was the Young Man a Therapeutae?

  • David Gentile
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 12, 2002
      > This is far too short. Sometimes I wonder if a fast means of
      communication
      > like the internet is suitable for our work. Exegetes ought to do their
      work
      > slowly and carefully analyzing each passage within the composition as a
      whole.
      > It is difficult to summarize earlier work..
      > Still, I hope that you have gained a little insight into my thinking.
      >
      > your,
      >
      > Karel

      Thank you for this. It was useful. I have a couple of points to look at more
      closely. I have one more quick question. In your opinion was proto-Mark
      likely used by Matthew and/or Luke or just by Mark?

      About the internet - I think the internet can compliment more traditional
      communication. I've read authors who speculate that paradigm shifts are the
      result of a sort of "critical mass". The analogy is made to slime molds.
      These single cell creatures group together when conditions get tough, and
      can move together to a different location, then disband under good
      conditions. The only difference is the strength of the trail each cell
      leaves behind for other cells to follow.
      Once the trails are strong enough, spontaneous clustering occurs. This is
      just a long way of saying that the most brilliant research in the world is
      useless, if no one, or only a handful of people are aware of it. Groups are
      almost always better at problem solving than even the most specialized
      individual. Obviously this format can not cover material at the depth of a
      PhD thesis, or a book. But it can still communicate important points, and if
      necessary other sources can be referenced.

      Thanks again,

      Dave Gentile
      Riverside, Illinois
      M.S. Physics