Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: [XTalk] Thesis: Mark Used CG for 15:42-16:8, Pt. 3.A

  • Ted Weeden
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2002
      Richard Anderson wrote on Wednesday, February 20, 2002:

      > Ted Weeden:
      > John replaces Salome with Joanna, the wife Herod's steward Chuza (see
      > 8:3), as well as increases the number of visitors to the tomb by adding
      > "other
      > women" to the three named women.
      >
      > I think you meant to say "Luke" not "John." Why did Luke if you meant Luke
      > replace Salome with Joanna and not mention the dancing Salome and the death
      > of John the Baptist?

      You are absolutely correct. Luke replaces Salome with Joanna. Unfortunately,
      in haste to get a reply to Bob Schacht I did not proofread as carefully as I
      should have. Thanks for calling the error to my attention.

      > A most interesting presentation. I will need to read again more thoroughly.
      >
      > Did you post to all three lists? I only received one copy although I think I
      > am a member of all three lists. I do not know which list it came from so I
      > am replying to you direct. Baffling!

      I posted today's response to Bob Schacht to XTalk and then I sent a copy of it
      to Synoptic-L and Kata Markon. The earlier parts of my thesis I have also
      posted to all three lists.

      > I have to travel to SC on business next week and I plan to read Stoldt,
      > History and Criticism of the Marcan Hypothesis on the plane and while
      > waiting in lines at the airports (no direct flights). Have you read this
      > book? Any comments?

      No, I have not read it. I would be interested in your impression of it.
      Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

      Ted