Re: [Synoptic-L] online (animated) maps of the empires of Alexander and his successors

  • Ken Olson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      Jeffrey Gibson wrote:

      > A hobbit friend of mine, whose selflessness in doing research for me
      always
      > amazes me, has found a page that speaks to some of what I was hoping
      for. It may
      > be found at:
      >

      > http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~atlas/europe/maps.html

      Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can
      learn all there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after
      a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch. I hardly
      expected to get such an answer ;-)

      Best Wishes,

      Ken

      Kenneth A. Olson
      Graduate Teaching Assistant
      Department of History
      2115 Francis Scott Key Hall
      University of Maryland
      College Park, MD 20742
      kaolson@...

      I am too much of a skeptic to deny the possibility of anything - T.H.
      Huxley