Re: [Synoptic-L] Some questions to David

  • David Gentile
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hello Emmanuel,

      > OK. But in that case, what is the purpose of this substraction ?
      > I still not understand it.
      >
      > a+
      > manu

      Without the subtraction we'd be asking:
      "Do these documents have similar word frequencies?"
      They do, because they are both samples of Greek language.

      With the subtraction, we are asking:
      "Do these documents depart from the average Greek language frequency, in a
      similar way?"

      Does that help any?

      Dave Gentile
      Riverside, Illinois