Re: [Synoptic-L] the disciples in mark

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2001
      Jim West wrote:

      > hi,
      > i know we went over this some time back-- but is there any new literature on
      > the disciples and how they are painted with a rather unpleasant brush in the
      > gospel of mark?

      Since Mark sets his epic drama against the background of the Spirit like a dove
      on the one hand and the non-kosher spirits and the demons on the other side - no
      one leaves the Gospel unscathed not even Peter - except the victor in whom the
      spirit came and who gave the spirit back at the hour of death; through whom he
      was also raised from the dead. That seems to be the reason of Mark's painting
      with an unpleasant brush.
      regards Karel

      K.Hanhart@...