[Synoptic-L] the disciples in mark

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2001
      hi,
      i know we went over this some time back-- but is there any new literature on
      the disciples and how they are painted with a rather unpleasant brush in the
      gospel of mark?

      thanks,

      jim

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Jim West, ThD
      Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
      Roane State Community College

      Biblical Studies Resources
      http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

    • Karel Hanhart
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2001
        Jim West wrote:

        > hi,
        > i know we went over this some time back-- but is there any new literature on
        > the disciples and how they are painted with a rather unpleasant brush in the
        > gospel of mark?

        Since Mark sets his epic drama against the background of the Spirit like a dove
        on the one hand and the non-kosher spirits and the demons on the other side - no
        one leaves the Gospel unscathed not even Peter - except the victor in whom the
        spirit came and who gave the spirit back at the hour of death; through whom he
        was also raised from the dead. That seems to be the reason of Mark's painting
        with an unpleasant brush.
        regards Karel

        K.Hanhart@...