[Synoptic-L] probability + lukan style

  • Emmanuel Fritsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2001
      > Emmanuel Fritsch wrote:
      >
      > > The probability of such a distribution in random
      > > condition would be inferior to 0.12. Even if you
      > > rebuke (4), that Boismard does not explicitly
      > > present as a markan hapax, your propability
      > > remains inferior to 0.19. This is not an
      > > incontrovertible evidence, but a good incitation
      > > to go further.

      John Rutledge asks :

      > How exactly did you calculate these numbers?

      Classical formula of probability. the probability of
      finding 0, 1, 7 or 8 elements when 8 elements fall
      independantly with a constant probability. I send next
      week a private explanation with excel files for who wants.
      Send me a private mail if you are interested. (John,
      you are directly included ;-).

      > I performed a random check on a number of words
      > throughout Mark. Most are not nearly as non-Markan nor
      > as Lukan as the examples in Mark 5:1-20. It's kind of
      > interesting -- you may be on to something.

      Not I. Boismard.

      "L'Évangile de Marc, sa préhistoire" pp 30ff
      M.-É. Boismard - 1994 - Gabalda, Paris,

      > If the
      > criteria for determining "style" based on word usage
      > could be refined a bit, it would be quite simple to
      > write a program to calculate the relative style
      > correspondence of pericopes throughout the New
      > Testament.

      Looks hard to define it for computer (just see : the ONOMA MOI,
      DIHGHSANTO POS, PANTES + EQAUM : all of this is difficult to
      code).

      Lamouille found a large set of Lukan-style elements, and
      with Boismard, they defined and classified them quite
      striclty, but the definition of Boismard in his work
      on Mark is less restrictive, and so his own set looks
      wider.

      I forget the references of Lamouille list. Probably :

      "Les Actes des deux apôtres"
      M.-É. Boismard, A. Lamouille et Justin Taylor - 1990- Gabalda, Paris

      But perhabs the previous one, on the Occid. version.

      a+
      manu