[Synoptic-L] skeletons in the closet

  • Steve Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      I'm wondering if any one sees a possible literary relationship
      between Peter's denial and Aaron's Golden Calf.

      Perhaps the Aaron story created a pattern by which leadership was
      perceived within the 1st century Jewish mind-set which was easily
      transferred to the emerging church's narrative.

      There are "skeletons in the closet" for leadership in both the
      temple & the church.

      Is this a bit of a stretch?
      --
      Steve Black

      Dig deep for dreams, or you will be toppled by slogans...
      ee cummings