Re: [Synoptic-L] Interlocking verse method-3b

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2001
      In a message dated 6/5/2001 1:46:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jlupia2@... writes:

      << I am saddened to see that you consider my research "ramblings" while you
      regard rank amateurs who write essays on the Gospel of Seneca good scholars
      with good scholarship. So, I must take you and your criticism in stride
      with what you have already shown your notion of "good scholarship" to be. >>

      I don't think I said the authors of the Gospel of Seneca were "good"
      scholars. I don't agree with their ideas, but I find them interesting, and I
      did say that their article is serious scholarship (which is not the same
      thing as good scholarship). I believe you made the same distinction in
      another post today, regarding Carrier, with whom you claim to scarcely ever
      agree, but whom you also declare to be a serious scholar. Do you really know
      what you are talking about when you describe the authors of the Gospel of
      Seneca as "rank amateurs"? Could be, I suppose, but I must say this is not
      the impression I got from a very quick reading of a few pages of theirs. I
      found their writing serious and interesting, like I find much of your own.