Lukan context of the LP

  • Edgar Krentz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 1998
      Jeff, just a quick bibliographic not e.

      Do you know THE LORD'S PRAYER, Supplementary Issue No. 2 to The Princeton
      Seminary Bulletin? It was published in 1992, a report on the 1991 Frederick
      Neumann Symposium on the Theological Interpretation of Scripture.

      And then, one substantive comment. I find in Jesus' words both the
      conviction that the Kingdom was among them and that it still lies in the
      [immediate] future? You seem to regard that as impossible. Such enigmatic
      seeming contradictions arecharacteristic of his words.

      And it seems to me that is also true in 2 Isaiah. Comment?

      Peace, Ed Krentz

      Edgar Krentz, Prof. of New Testament
      Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
      1100 EAST 55TH STREET