Re: Q on tape!

  • David Hall
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 1998
      It seems Tatian attempted a Gospel harmony. Parts of it survive in a
      manuscript donated to the church in Rome, Italy(Catholic) from the church in
      Alexandria, Egypt(Coptic). An Arabic manuscript containing some of
      Tatian's work and also excerpts form a Syrian commentary about the work are
      what remains of the Diatessaron the Gospel harmony by Tatian the disciple of
      Justin Martyr and his gospel harmony. This Q seems like a gospel harmony as
      no Q manuscript exists but rather the sources for the gospels were the
      apostles while they were alive(Polycarp). Various letters and notes must
      have existed yet each author collected from as many sources as were
      available and these were probably interviewed. I was fortunate enough to
      collect a copy of the Diatessaron after numerous editions and not 100%
      complete, but rather containing gaps of omission. I do not fully understand
      it yet, but it is from a Vatican manuscript donated by the patriarch of
      Alexandria in the 19th century.

      David Hall
      quentino@erols .com
      http://www.erols.com/quentino

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 13, 1998
        re missive of 08/07/98 10:47 PM signed -Mark Goodacre- :

        >A professionally done audio tape of _The
        >Lost Gospel_ will no doubt sound better than, say, Sterling
        >Bjorndahl's internet version of the IQP Critical Text of Q. Internet
        >material on the machine we have at the University here comes over in
        >a Stephen Hawkins - type voice.

        What people don't seem to understand is that this is
        actually a *remix* tape. It's a project by DJ Q-Borg,
        also known as MixxMaster Markkus. He plundered two
        mostly-forgotten albums (classics, really) by first-
        century progressive rock artists for whatever vocal
        snippets would go over with a mass audience, and
        then looped those voice samples over some apocalyptic
        sound-effects in order to get that layered "retro" feel.
        He even sampled some cool "Satan" references to provide
        an ear-catching little overture. It's sure to make
        for a hit single and will definitely appeal to dance-
        format radio in a way that all that *old* crap never would.

        James

        P.S. Now that "Thomas" remix, that's *really* a work of art.
        Hundreds of hours of deconstructive tape-splicing.
        I hear that's it's actually John Oswald doing another
        Plunderphonics project under an assumed name.

        James R. Covey
        WWW Systems Developer
        Cochran Interactive Inc.
        http://www.cochran.com