Re: [Synoptic-L] Jesus, Mary and Joseph (was Re: the Gospel of Matthew has no...

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2001
      On 3 May 2001, at 12:41, Maluflen@... wrote:

      > Difficult to resist some trivia, not least if it gives me the chance
      > to test resources on my All-in-One Biblical site! I can do it in two
      > verses -- Matt. 1.18-19. Will that do?>>
      >
      > Sorry, this doesn't fulfill condition 3. I should say that even though
      > my question was asked in English, I am of course talking about the
      > gospel texts in Greek.

      What rot! I did my search in Greek. Matt. 1.18 Jesus / Mary;
      Matt. 1.19 IWSHF DE!

      So where's my prize? : )
      Mark
      -----------------------------
      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Homepage
      http://NTGateway.com
      The New Testament Gateway

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2001
        In a message dated 5/3/2001 4:34:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        willker@...-bremen.de writes:

        << Mat 13:53-55
        but only in the Egyptian text, not in the Byzantine text, which has IWSHS.

        Just for the record, Willker got it right -- congratulations! (And sorry,
        Mark!)

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2001
          In a message dated 5/3/2001 4:59:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          M.S.Goodacre@... writes:

          << What rot! I did my search in Greek. Matt. 1.18 Jesus / Mary;
          Matt. 1.19 IWSHF DE! >>

          On second thought, and in light of the fact that my note was written in
          English, this really comes pretty close to satisfying all conditions. Of
          course by "and Joseph", I really meant KAI IWSEF, but... OK, you can share
          first prize with Willker.