[Synoptic-L] Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2001
      Mat 13:53-55
      but only in the Egyptian text, not in the Byzantine text, which has IWSHS.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      ------------------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2001
        On 3 May 2001, at 12:41, Maluflen@... wrote:

        > Difficult to resist some trivia, not least if it gives me the chance
        > to test resources on my All-in-One Biblical site! I can do it in two
        > verses -- Matt. 1.18-19. Will that do?>>
        >
        > Sorry, this doesn't fulfill condition 3. I should say that even though
        > my question was asked in English, I am of course talking about the
        > gospel texts in Greek.

        What rot! I did my search in Greek. Matt. 1.18 Jesus / Mary;
        Matt. 1.19 IWSHF DE!

        So where's my prize? : )
        Mark
        -----------------------------
        Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
        University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
        Birmingham B15 2TT
        United Kingdom

        http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
        Homepage
        http://NTGateway.com
        The New Testament Gateway

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2001
          In a message dated 5/3/2001 4:34:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          willker@...-bremen.de writes:

          << Mat 13:53-55
          but only in the Egyptian text, not in the Byzantine text, which has IWSHS.

          Just for the record, Willker got it right -- congratulations! (And sorry,
          Mark!)

          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2001
            In a message dated 5/3/2001 4:59:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            M.S.Goodacre@... writes:

            << What rot! I did my search in Greek. Matt. 1.18 Jesus / Mary;
            Matt. 1.19 IWSHF DE! >>

            On second thought, and in light of the fact that my note was written in
            English, this really comes pretty close to satisfying all conditions. Of
            course by "and Joseph", I really meant KAI IWSEF, but... OK, you can share
            first prize with Willker.