Re: [Synoptic-L] Virus allert!

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001
      There is a major virus threat facing all of these lists. Since most people
      (like me) are on more than one list, viruses can jump from
      list to list. Greek Theology has been threatened by the Kak.hta virus. This
      virus was appearing in several posts and infecting many computers.
      I was infected but was able to clean my system from the virus. With this
      virus, it is not necessary to open any attachments to be infected.
      All that is required is simply *reading* the e-mail and it begins the
      infection. It is security hole in Outlook. .

      Additionally, to find information on how to FIX the virus AND how to prevent
      FUTURE problems (to plug up the Outlook Security hole), go to

      http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/Wscript.KakWorm.html

      Very sorry...I never open attachments and it seems this virus infected me
      today and mailed itself to my addresses, including this one.
      .

      Jack