[Synoptic-L] Matthew's Pentateuchal Structure

  • Peter M. Head
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001
      I have managed to have a brief look at Delitzsch's book mentioned by
      Leonard a day or two ago (the preface mentions earlier publications in ZTK
      in 1850). It is interesting. I may try out some of his ideas in following
      posts. He certainly goes a lot further than simply the opening section of
      each of the "Pentateuchal" sections of Matthew.

      >Genesis: Matt 1:1 -- 2:15
      >Exodus: Matt 2:16 -- 7:29
      >Leviticus: Matt 8:1 -- 9:38
      >Numbers: Matt 10:1 -- 18:35
      >Deut: Matt 19:1 -- 28:20

      In the opening essay he discussions the origin and the original form of
      Matthew (he spends a bit of time on Papias but is clearly unaware of the
      manuscripts of Papias supposedly extant in the nineteenth century).

      Pete

      Dr. Peter M. Head
      Tyndale House
      36 Selwyn Gardens