[Synoptic-L] END THREAD: On Papias

    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2001
      I am sorry to see that my politely worded message of earlier today
      has not been treated with respect by one subscriber. In over three
      years of Synoptic-L I don't think I can recall ever having to write two
      emails shutting down a thread, let alone -- as has happened this
      time -- three. Let me therefore emphasise that (1) a request from
      the coordinators to end a thread should always be honoured; (2)
      requests from the coordinators to direct correspondence
      concerning issues off-list should also be honoured; (3) it is
      expected of all subscribers that they act with the kind of discretion
      and forethought that is befitting to an academic list like ours.

      Mark Goodacre

      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Homepage