[Synoptic-L] The Centurion's boy

  • Ron Price
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2001
      In the Dunn Seminar, Professor Dunn wrote:

      > So far as the Centurion's boy is
      >concerned, I am motivated as much by the anomaly of having to envisage a
      >sayings collection which included this narrative.

      How good to find an NT professor who recognizes the anomaly of
      including the story of the Centurion's boy in Q. Nice to know I'm not
      alone.
      But the anomaly can be resolved without resorting to oral tradition.
      As always :-) the Three Source Theory has the simple explanation -
      Au_Matt composed the story to support the mission to the Gentiles, and
      Au_Luke adapted it from his copy of Matthew.

      Ron Price

      Weston-on-Trent, Derby, UK

      e-mail: ron.price@...