Re: [Synoptic-L] LXX-isms in Luke???

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26 3:56 AM
      In a message dated 4/25/2001 11:30:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jlupia2@... writes:

      << First, I'm really sorry to misquote you Leonard regarding your use of
      "periphrasis" (not paraphrasis) which is to make a rhetorical figure by way
      of indirect discourse, a restated citation of a speaker or author. A
      lapsus calami, please understand.>>

      John, "indirect discourse" is another technical term of Greek syntax, which
      does not = periphrasis (if indeed you are saying above that it does). Thanks,
      though, for your sincere attempt to clarify your thought. The remainder of
      this post was somewhat clearer than the previous one. I think Randall is in
      principle right, however, to insist that more than the mere presence in a
      Gospel of a term used by LXX writers is needed to constitute a genuine
      LXX-ism.