Re: [Synoptic-L] Who named it the "Farrer-Goulder" hypothesis?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2001
      At 01:26 PM 4/10/01 -0400, Ken Olson wrote:
      >Was it Frans Neirynck who first tacked Goulder's name on to the Farrer
      >theory? The earliest reference of which I know to "Farrer-Goulder" is
      >in Neirynck's article on the Synoptic Problem in the _The New Jerome
      >Biblical Commentary_ in 1990. On page 595 he has diagrams of the
      >Augustinian, Farrer, and Neo-Griesbach hypotheses labeled "Butler,"
      >"Farrer-Goulder," and "Farmer-Orchard." Does anyone know of an
      >earlier apperance of the hyphenated form "Farrer-Goulder"?

      The best I can up with is a 1984 position paper written by
      Neirynck that has a diagram labeled "Farrer, Goulder" (no
      hyphen, but a comma). This paper is published in David L.
      Dungan, ed., The Interrelations of the Gospels: A Symposium
      Led by M. É. Boismard - W. R. Farmer - F. Neirynck, Jerusalem
      1984 (Bibliotheca Ephemeridum Theologicarum Lovaniensium 95;
      Leuven: University Press, 1990).