Re: Matthew and gentile(was: a hypothesis like the Farrer one)

  • Jakob Heckert
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 1998
      I agree with Antonio. One needs to put the statements about Gentiles
      into the context in which they appear, in oder to good the proper
      understanding of them. When taken out of context, they can indeed give
      the impression that Matthew is opposed to the Gentiles. Moreover, if
      you grant that all this goes back to Jesus, then the situation becomes
      quite different, for he is saying that he was sent primarely for the
      Jews. When he had risen from the dead, it was time now to turn to all
      nations. That is where the 'great commission' makes sense. My two cents
      worth. Blessisngs. Jakob.