Re: [Synoptic-L] Rejection of Proto-Luke

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      On 23 Mar 2001, at 9:35, Ken Olson wrote:

      > Could you cite the critics for whom the "little bits of Mark cropping
      > up in the Central Section" played a major role in the rejection of
      > Proto-Luke? I would attach great importance to such an argument, but
      > Fitzmyer seems to pass over this particular point in his enumeration
      > of arguments against Proto-Luke (_Luke_, 89-91).

      I'm afraid that my comments were impressionistic and from
      memory. I haven't had a chance to do a proper search but the
      earliest I can find the general point about Marcan pieces in Proto-
      Luke sections is J.M. Creed's 1930 commentary (especially p.
      lviii), but I see that he focuses primarily on the Passion Narrative.
      Related points are also made across multiple footnotes in Hans
      Conzelmann's _Die Mitte der Zeit_, ET _The Theology of St Luke_.
      However, having looked again at Conzelmann I notice that he too
      does not make the points with special reference to the Central
      Section. Do we have any experts on Proto-Luke out there?

      Mark
      -----------------------------
      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Homepage
      http://NTGateway.com
      The New Testament Gateway

    • Emmanuel Fritsch
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
        # I'm afraid that my comments were impressionistic and from
        # memory. I haven't had a chance to do a proper search but the
        # earliest I can find the general point about Marcan pieces in Proto-
        # Luke sections is J.M. Creed's 1930 commentary (especially p.
        # lviii), but I see that he focuses primarily on the Passion Narrative.
        # Related points are also made across multiple footnotes in Hans
        # Conzelmann's _Die Mitte der Zeit_, ET _The Theology of St Luke_.
        # However, having looked again at Conzelmann I notice that he too
        # does not make the points with special reference to the Central
        # Section. Do we have any experts on Proto-Luke out there?

        I am not an expert in any biblical study, but I know that
        Boismard wrote two volumes on Proto-Luke : "L'Evangile de
        l'Enfance" and "En quete du Proto-Luc". The first one did
        not deal with central section, and I did not read the second
        one for that time being (but soon).

        Note that Boismard is now common with such reconstruction,
        ("L'Evangile de Marc, sa préhistoire", "Un Evangile Pré-
        Johannique", "La lettre aux Laodiceens"...)

        More information when I have read the central volume on Proto-Luke.

        a+
        manu

        PS : all Boismard works quoted above have been published
        during the 90's, by
        Gabalda (www.gabalda.com).