Re: [Synoptic-L] The limited value of reconstructing hypothetical documents

    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 23 4:06 AM
      >Stephen Carlson wrote --
      >>What I'm having great difficulty understanding is the philosophical
      >>objection to providing a reconstruction, especially by stating it would
      >>be "unscholarly" to do so.
      >>
      >"Unscholarly" here is your word, not mine, as also the description
      >"philosophical".

      Philosophical is indeed my word, and I stand by it. I do apologize
      misquoting on the exact use of the term "unscholarly." Nevertheless
      I feel it is an accurate characterization of what you did write, as
      follows:

      >The scholar who
      >accepted your imposition would not be very scholarly to my mind.

      Later in the 3/23 message you write:

      >I am putting together what hopefully will be a monograph of about 50,000
      >words on the LTH. I am very close to finishing. And yes, it will
      >include my file of the complete provisional table of contents of the
      >Greek Logia accompanied by reasons why this reconstruction cannot be
      >used to check the Logia Translation Hypothesis. Also answers to many
      >other questions are set out.

      This sounds wonderful. I am very much looking to forward to
      its publication.

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 23 4:06 AM