Gibson's LP

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27 10:31 AM
      Jeff,

      Your approach to the LP is interesting. I think you may benefit greatly by
      talking with George Beasley-Murray himself about it. He travels a great
      deal, and has children and grandchildren here in the States. I say that
      because if you do contact him it may be some time before he gets back to you.

      If you like, I can give you his email address and his phone number
      (offlist). He is very personable and more than willing to help. When I was
      a student I met him, we struck up a friendship, and we have been friends
      since. (I even had the honor of staying in his home at Hove for a 9 day
      stretch back in 92). You will never, in your life, meet a kinder person.

      You know, don't you, that it was he who translated Bultmann's commentary on
      John into English lo these many years ago!

      Anyway, sorry to babble. But I wanted to point out that Beasley-Murray is
      really one of the most brilliant NT scholars since Bultmann himself. He
      should not be lightly dismissed (not that you did) and everyone should read
      everything he has produced over his long, important career.

      Best,

      Jim

      Jim West, ThD
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church