Re: Matt. 6:11//Lk. 11:3 A Lord's Prayer Question

  • Jeffrey Gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 1998
      On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Jack Kilmon wrote:

      > My conclusion is that Luke used an Aramaic source for his
      > LP, retained the appropriate shortened form but theologized the
      > petitions. Matthew, using a Greek source, extended some of the
      > petitions. I have a study on the relationship between the Matthean
      > and Lukan LP on my web page by clicking on the LP papyrus.

      Jack,

      How do you handle the fact that *both* Matthew and Luke have this strange
      and otherwise unattested word EPIOUSION? It seems to me unlikely that
      Luke as well as Matthew would have used this unless they were both
      reproducing a *Greek* source.

      Also, if possible, I'd be grateful if you can send me your study on the
      realtionship between the Matthean and Lukan LP. My server is only text
      based, and seems to be unable to connect with your Web page.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      jgibson@...