[Synoptic-L] Aramaic or Hebrew?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      Randall Buth wrote --

      >the style of Luke and Mark simply precludes Aramaic as the medium for
      >earlier Semitic written layers.

      In this case, would we not expect to find instances in Luke of
      quotations from or allusions to the books of the OT which are closer to
      the Hebrew MT than to the Greek of the LXX where these disagree?

      I think I have found instances of Mark reflecting the Hebrew MT where
      the LXX is different. For instance, Mk 15.34b has hO QEOS MOU hO QEOS
      MOU EIS TI EGKATELIPES ME; which agrees with the Hebrew MT (in the sense
      of being a literal translation). But the LXX (Psalm 21/22.1) has hO
      QEOS hO QEOS MOU, **PROSXES MOI** hINATI EGKATELIPES ME; So the LXX has
      an extra petition "attend to me" which is not in Mark or the Hebrew MT,
      but is in the Greek LXX version. So Mark agrees with the Hebrew against
      the LXX where these differ.

      Do you know of any instances, please, of Luke agreeing with the Hebrew
      MT against the LXX where these disagree? If so, what are these
      instances?

      If not, is this not evidence against Luke having used an earlier Hebrew
      layer?

      _