[Synoptic-L] Re: synopsis

  • RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2000
      Bob Macdonald writes:

      << I lost my English synopsis about 15 years ago (a blue book whose edition I
      forget - being naive then, I would have thought there was only one possible
      synopsis!) and am just thinking of replacing it. How could one go about
      finding an English (& optionally Greek synopsis)? What one(s) would be
      recommended today? >>

      I use Sparks (2nd. ed. 1970), which has the virtue of being reasonably
      priced and easily available in the UK. I also have an old copy of Thompson,
      dated 1910; both of these are based on the Revised Version. Both turn up
      regularly in second-hand bookshops, and I obtained a number of copies this
      way for a centre where I am a voluntary librarian; they are used regularly on
      a Certificate theology course. If anyone can recommend a not too expensive
      Greek synopsis I would be grateful.

      Regards,

      Robert Brenchley

      RSBrenchley@...