[Synoptic-L] Acts 2:22 and Luke's knowledge of Matt

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2000
      In Acts 2:22, Luke has Peter say: "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of
      Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and
      signs which God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know...".

      I call attention to the following facts:

      1. that Peter here uses the expression "in your midst";
      and

      2. that the speech is addressed to "Men of Judaea and all who dwell in
      Jerusalem" (2:14), which Haenchen explains as an example of Hebrew
      parallelism.

      If one assumes, as I do, that there were no "Johannine traditions"
      floating about when Luke wrote, to which Luke might have been privy, is it
      pressing this text of Acts too much to suggest that it implies Luke's
      knowledge of Matt 21:14ff?