Re: [Synoptic-L] just asking

  • Kyle Dillon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2000
      Well I think that the critic could technically question any of the deeds of
      Christ, including his very existence. But most likely, I would argue that
      John the Baptist did indeed baptize Jesus. All of the Synoptics agree, and
      John at least implies it. Therefore, my guess is that Jesus' baptism was as
      well known as his resurrection. The real question is, how reliable are the
      gospels?

      Kyle Dillon
    • Tim Reynolds
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2000
        It's my sense that Jesus wasn't a public figure until the Temple Incident,
        which I put early. I've explained somewhere in the Archives how it got late
        in Mk and his successors.

        tim