[Synoptic-L] (Fwd) Griesbach query

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14 3:24 PM
      Could anyone help me with the following query which I recently
      received? Many thanks. Mark

      > I wonder if you know of an article by Roland M. Frye, written I think
      > in the mid-1970s, which argues that Mark is a later abridgement of
      > Matthew and Luke or some form of the Griesbach hypothesis. I've been
      > unable to track down the reference.

      ---------------------------
      Dept of Theology
      University of Birmingham Fax.: +44 (0)121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT Tel.: +44 (0)121 414 7512

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Homepage
      http://www.NTGateway.com
      The New Testament Gateway
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14 4:44 PM
        Mark Goodacre wrote --
        >Could anyone help me with the following query which I recently
        >received? Many thanks. Mark.
        >>I wonder if you know of an article by Roland M. Frye, written I think
        >>in the mid-1970s, which argues that Mark is a later abridgement of
        >>Matthew and Luke or some form of the Griesbach hypothesis. I've been
        >>unable to track down the reference.

        The reference is Roland Mushat Frye, 'The Synoptic Problems and
        Analogies in Other Literatures' in (ed.) William O. Walker, Jr., "The
        Relationship among the Gospels: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue" (San
        Antonio, 1978) pages 261-302.

        _