[Synoptic-L] size of non-metric American printer paper

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2000
      I have heard on the grape-vine that many computer printers in the USA
      still use old (by computing standards) printer paper which is measured
      in inches (!), and which is other than A4 or A3.

      Is this true, please? And if so, how many inches each way?

      _
    • jwest@highland.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2000
        > I have heard on the grape-vine that many computer printers in the USA
        > still use old (by computing standards) printer paper which is measured
        > in inches (!), and which is other than A4 or A3.
        >
        > Is this true, please? And if so, how many inches each way?

        8.5 X 11
        thats the standard size of paper used in virtually all printed documents
        generated by computer word processors. of course you can select any size you
        wish- but 8.5 X 11 (inches, by the way) is what I suspect most everyone uses.

        best,
        and greetings from sunny Los Angeles where the CBA meeting is in full swing.

        Jim

        http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
        jwest@...