[Synoptic-L] Matt 11 as Matthaean fatigue with respect to Luke?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2000
      Peter Head wrote --

      >Interesting as Brian's observations are on this passage (Q 7.18-23), I
      >am not really persuaded that Matthew is "fatigued" in relation to Luke
      >(or his source, more likely "Q").

      Peter,
      May I ask whether you are really persuaded that Luke is
      "fatigued" in relation to Matthew in the Mission Charge in Mt 10.5-15 //
      Lk 9.1-6, and also in the Parable of the Talents/Pounds in Mt 25.14-30
      // Lk 19.11-27 ? These are two of the instances set out as "fatigue" in
      Mark Goodacre's "NTS" article (pages 54-55).

      In other words, are you not persuaded of the "fatigue" phenomenon in any
      instance at all?

      Or is it rather that you accept the examples put forward by Mark, but
      not the instance of the Question of John the Baptist which I have put
      forward (Mt 11.2-6 // Lk 7.18-23)?

      My instance is in the reverse direction to those observed by Mark
      Goodacre, of course. So accepting both his and my examples would
      necessitate positing a hypothetical documentary source such as Q.

      _